24 October 2007

The Jade ICU

I've had some problems with the Jade plants. Thanks to some great advice from his sister, Sarah, I think I've got them on the road to recovery, but it's too soon to say for sure.

They started out like this:
Jade Plant
Come on you lot, stand up!
But I overwatered them and Jade One (second photo above) ended up suffering for my mistake. I had to take one of the shoots out, cut off the rotten bit, and then make a mojito!
Mojito? No, Jade Cutting
Now, about 10 days later, my Jade ICU looks like this:
Jade and the Sisters...Jade
Left to right, we have the proper jade plant, just there for moral support, the two shoots left of Jade One that didn't succumb to root rot and lose all their leaves and the mojito, which has finally sprouted a tiny root! I think it's going to get it's own pot and be called Mojito, because everything here at the Black Thumb has a name...

1 comment:

Defendership said...

Hey Nancy,

I just found your blog when looking around for more info on not killing some jade cuttings I'm rooting, and was wondering - about how often did you end up watering your jade? Do you keep them outside? Indoors under light? That looks like a pretty peaty soil, what's your mix?

Thanks!

Brett