15 October 2007

The jury is split

Half of my new "garden" seems to be doing well, and half is worrying me...and that's just the "Outdoors."

I got home from the renn fest this weekend to find that the flower garden boxes have exploded with both green leaves and flowers!
Flower Garden
There seem to be new growths in both the snapdragons and peonies, and the petunias are slowly crawling out of the box all together. I may need to look into re-potting them soon.
RedBlue
I'm really loving my little tiny Peonies. They almost look like tiny faces to me.
Peony Solo
Wee Peony
I am concerned about the other end of my garden, though. The orange gerbera daisy has lost its flowers now and the leaves look quite sickly. I've held off watering and they wilt, water and they look not so great.
Non Orange Gerbera Daisy
The lavender seems unaffected, as does the red daisy, but the rosemary is doing this weird wilty thing on the tips.
Wilted Rosemary?
Wilted Rosemary part deux
I watered it this morning, then checked and the info concerning watering says "Arid." Whoops! I guess I will just let the Rosemary Twins have some time to dry out and see if that helps. I'm also going to move them into the sun today.

So the jury is split...too much water? Not enough? The flowers are thriving and my bushes and daisies are not. We'll see.

No comments: